Criminal Background Check
UpdatedThursday September 8, 2022 byAshley Brown.
All coaches, assistant coaches and volunteers are required to complete a MANDATORY Criminal Record Check.
Criminal Record Checks are valid for 2 years.
If you are unsure that you need to complete a Criminal Record Check, please contact The President.
- Go to the BC Ministry of Justice website (https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/).
- Scroll down and enter Access code 5M6X2DZZFQ in the first blank box provided
- In the second blank box, enter the captcha code exactly as they provide it for you (capitals lowercase, and numbers, if applicable).
- Select Request a New Criminal Record Check.
NOTE: Your completed Criminal Record Check will be sent directly to Boundary Babe Ruth Baseball. If you prefer not to have it sent directly, you may choose to follow the manual process of applying in person and picking up your completed reference check at the RCMP division.
Manual process for obtaining a Volunteer Criminal Record Check :
- Contact a Board Member to obtain a permisson letter
- Take the permisson letter along with one piece of government-issued photo ID and one piece of ID verifying your name and date of birth to the RCMP Detachment in Grand Forks
- Prospective volunteer must submit their application and payment in person to the Grand Forks RCMP detachment (spouse may not submit your application on your behalf.
- RCMP Business hours: Mon - Fri, between 9AM - 4PM - you may take the application home to fill out, then return later, in person.
- On occasion, a prospective volunteer may have a similar identity as someone in the Criminal database - in order to confirm that your identity is different, you may be required to have fingerprints taken
- If fingerprints are needed to determine your identity, the fee is automatically waived
- If at any time payment is required at the RCMP station, please contact email@example.com with a copy of your reciept (if you take along STEP 1, you will not require payment)
- Criminal Record Checks are private documents, and therefore will only be released to the applicant - RCMP will not send a copy to Boundary Babe Ruth on your behalf
- Please allow 2-3 weeks for your CRC to be returned to you from the RCMP.
- Once your CRC is turned to you please SUBMIT the orginal to the Coach Coordinator or the President.
Completed Criminal Record Checks must be submitted to the league 1 week prior to the start of the season you are participating in. If the volunteer does not have a CRC completed, the volunteer is NOT permitted to be on the field or in close contact with any league players.
***NO EXCEPTIONS. As per BC Baseball.***
NEW VOLUNTEERS, who are interested in volunteering, please email Heather Foyle for instructions.